Essentials To Know About Reasonable Suspicion Supervisor Training
- 49 CFR 382.603 is the applicable regulatory requirement of supervisors. 60 minutes of training on the symptoms of alcohol abuse and 60 minutes of training on the symptoms of controlled substance use.
The purpose of this training is important. Teaching supervisors to identify impairment that creates reasonable suspicion of drug or alcohol. This supports the referral of the employee to testing.
- The DOT requires Supervisor Training if you operate vehicles that require a CDL on public roads. Having one or more employees in your company is also a factor. Click the link to verify if you are subject to the drug and alcohol regulations.
- Owner-operators are not subject to DOT supervisor training. However, you are still required to register with a consortium for DOT drug and alcohol testing.
- Employers need to ensure that the required content is made available to all supervisors. Follow the link for more information and other resources.
- There is no requirement to use a certain company soliciting your business. You choose what is best for your company.